Thursday, December 30, 2010

Just an entry on the the last day of 2010.

Hi! I'm back from oblivion. Hahaha.

Today's 31st December 2010. The very last day of 2010. Everything's gotta have its end. It's been a good year. Yeah, of course there were really sad times but everything's like that right? Honestly, I think, by far, the saddest experience I've had in life happened this year. It was the passing of my grandfather. Haven't told anyone so much about this and only a few knew because they asked me the right questions. Happened in March and the whole thing was almost like a drama. I'm serious. Really shocked us. Especially my grandma. My grandpa & grandma had gone on a vacation trip to Malaysia. Two days after their return to Brunei, grandpa passed away. Another tearful thing is that now, my grandma has to deal with her diseases alone without her husband. I'll just leave the story at that. I've tweeted on my Twitter that I'm gonna do something uncommon today so I guess this is it, telling you what's been constantly bothering me this year.

Hearbreaking story aside, I've read this book by Kathy Reichs called 'Devil Bones'. It was a great book. I actually bought two books by Kathy Reichs, 'Devil Bones' and '206 Bones'. Maybe you knew already that Kathy Reichs's books inspired the TV series 'Bones'. So I thought her books would be like the TV series but hell, I was wrong. No Booth, no Angela, no Hodgins, no Jeffersonian Forensic team except for Dr.Temperance Brennan. Like 'Bones' the TV series, Dr.Brennan is the main character of the book but she's not the daughter of some criminal or a thirty-something forensic anthropologist. Brennan, in the book, is a forty-something divorced forensic anthropologist working at two places : Charlotte and Quebec. Okay, back to me. When I just bought the two books, I actually read '206 Bones' first but somehow the disappointment washing over me at that time when finding out that it's so not the TV 'Bones' totally made me disinterested so I was thinking "Maybe I should try reading Devil Bones first?" because the title was more intriguing, "plus, now I know that this isn't Bones anymore so what have I got to lose?" And I was hooked. I'm suddenly looking forward to '206 Bones' now. Haha. An interesting fact, '206 Bones' was the book released after 'Devil Bones' so I'm actually reading the books in order! How about that?

Alright, that's it for my blog entry. Enjoy your last day of 2010. Do something crazy or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment